And here is what I look like now.
My current stats are:
age- 2 years 8 months
weight- 26#
height- 34"
Words- as many as anyone reading this + some I've made up
Special skills- Gargling
Activities- I started gymnastics last week. We attempted the class last winter and I had no interest in doing "stations". I much preferred the "free for all/ stay on the trampoline as long as I want" style of class. But now I'm mature and the bars, mats, and beam aren't that bad. My friends are in the class too so it works for me. At 34", there aren't a lot of options and I need to burn off energy any way I can.
Medical Update- Not much has changed which is good and bad. Good because I have not had any hospital stays this year. I weathered my first illness last March and managed to stay at home through high fevers and croup. My blood sugars never went below 60 which is when mom gets nervous. I'm not sure why she ever gets nervous...hello, I ate raw chicken and didn't even get a stomach ache! I'm a honey badger, remember? Ok, except for the one time I ate french fries and stayed in the heat too long and things didn't end well. Even honey badgers can make bad choices. The bad in my health status quo is that my liver continues to give us problems. For the past 18 months my labs have been off. It started with just liver enzymes creeping up over the high limit. But after my metabolic crisis last summer everything went awry. The fat restricted diet brought all my numbers back to normal except triglycerides. Those keep rising. We are currently at 4 times over the high limit for kids and no one knows why. Last week I had an ultrasound to make sure the triglycerides were not accumulating in my liver and it looked fine. So for now they seem to be content just dancing around in my blood. We will continue to monitor and at some point, we may need to do more testing to find out why its happening. We tweaked my diet one last time to see if that helps. I am now only allowed 11 grams of fat per day so keep that in mind if you find me raiding your cabinets. I have nothing to worry about for many years from a cardiac standpoint because I promised Dr. Brunson I would wait until I was under his care at age 18 to do anything really stupid like have a heart attack. He said he can't wait to manage me and all my metabolic friends! I'm pretty sure he was sincere when he said it.
Speaking of medical things, Brandon has one-upped me this year for sure. The last time I wrote, he had a halo on
He got it off in Feb and everything went well. This is him now.
Mom had Tommy John surgery in May to repair a torn elbow ligament from tennis. It's been a slow recovery and lets just say, MLB is not in her future. For the best recovery, the preferred age is clearly 23. Sorry mom. The rest of the family is doing well. I promised dad I wouldn't mention the incident last week where he walked down a step the same way he does everyday and strained a calf muscle really bad. So if you see him limping and he tells you it was from an epic ride, just go along with the lie. It has nothing to do with his age. Hayley, Michael, and Drew have no issues. Hopefully they aren't saving themselves for something more memorable like enterovirus 68 or ebola.
Well it will be impossible to write about the past 10 months in a condensed manner so I will do it in pictures instead. Hope everyone is enjoying the arctic freeze of 2014. To make eveyone feel warm, my next post will be our spring and summer vacation pics of 2014
Cheers!
Alexa
Simon says, and I'm the bossiest Simon ever
Feeding the chipmunks at Grand Mesa
I fit perfect in Maya Rodgers bed
My hair is thick enough for headbands now
Loving fall in Colorado
The highlight of halloween, the pig and big bad wolf

















No comments:
Post a Comment